I thought I would post some foods that I want to avoid from now on. I can use this list to look at when a craving hits. I also tried to mention a healthier alternative beside each item. Here are my Seven Deadly Food Sins:
1. Butter - A little butter is not bad but I eat too much of it. At 102 calories/ tbsp and 12.5 grams of fat, I will use pepper and maybe a bit of mixed spices or chopped herbs and garlic on my mashed potatoes from now on.
2. McDonalds- Junior Mc Chicken and fries - 740 calories, 38 grams of fat. Note to self: Don't keep eating this or you will look like this lady. <--
3. Pizza - The unhealthy kind. One slice of little caesars hawaiian is 280 calories, and has barely any nutritional value. From now on if I eat pizza it will be veggie and thin crust!
4. Ice cream- I do actually have some healthier ice creams at home like Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches (140 cals, 1.5 grams of fat) and healthy choice bars (100 cals, 1.5 grams of fat). I still need to cut back though. Dairy Queen can be no more, a small strawberry cheesequake blizzard (my fave) 530 calories and 21 grams of fat.
5. Cheese- I believe it's not bad for you if you just have a little, but when I'm sprinkling it on broccoli at dinner and crackers at 10:30 at night... that's not good for anyone.
6. Starbucks- There are healthier choices at starbucks, but I never choose them haha. From now on I will be getting a skinny latte (90 cals), non-fat iced caffe latte (70 cals), coffee frappuccino light blended coffee (90 cals), or a black shaken iced tea (60 cals).
7. Alcohol- That pretty little martini will sure pack on the pounds. One green apple martini is 344 calories and 10 grams of sugar. I will drink wine, if anything, from now on. The lowest calorie white wine is chardonnay at 95 cals per 5 oz. glass.