Today I ate pretty healthy except for a small piece of leftover B-day cake. Here's what I ate today along with some tips and tricks for weight loss I find helpful.
Breakfast - Greek yogurt and blueberries - 121 cals
Lunch - Orange and 8 pieces of california roll - 215 cals
Dinner - Tomato and cucumber sandwich with cream cheese (light) and sprouted grain bread - 297 cals
Snacks - Almonds, sugar-free energy drink, and ice cream cake - 388 cals
Total = 1021 cals
Weight Loss Tips & Tricks
1. Drink a glass of water before and after every meal. It makes you feel more full, and has lots of other great benefits as well.
2. Always park your car far away, so you have to walk that extra bit. You can also get off the bus a stop or two early if you don't have a car.
3. Get a calorie tracker app and put in everything you eat. I use My Fitness Pal, but I'm sure there are others. They also have a website if you don't have an iphone.
4. Calculate your BMR, figure out how many calories you need to sustain your weight and eat 500-1000 cals a day less than that. You can use this link:
5. Have healthy snacks ready in case you get hungry such as carrots, grapes, mini rice cakes, almonds, apple, orange, etc. I usually have something in my purse too just in case!
6. If you go out to drink order white wine or vodka with diet soda (called a skinny bitch for a reason). These drinks have the least amount of calories and are still very enjoyable.
7. If you plan to go out to eat look up the menu ahead of time and search items on your calorie tracker app or google to see which has least amount of calories and order that item with ice water, pellegrino or diet soda.
8. Eat sprouted grain bread (or rice bread) instead of whole wheat or white bread. It's healthier, easier for you to digest, and makes you less bloated than other bread.
9. Drink Tea!! Green tea, pu-erh tea, oolong tea and mate tea all aid in weight loss and give you energy. You can also make a fruit tea, chill and add soda water for a delicious sugar-free beverage.
10. Find a sport or activity you like to do, I hate running and most sports but I love romantic walks, hot yoga, tennis, and dancing the night away so that to me is better than nothing.
11. Don't skip breakfast, or try not to eat anything until you are absolutely starving. You usually end up pigging out and worse off. Eat small meals throughout the day to keep your metabolism going and your blood sugar level maintained.
12. Try to encourage healthy eating at your workplace! Bring in a veggie tray, fruit platter or healthy bran muffins with cranberries. Other people will follow suit and you wont have that box of doughnuts calling your name anymore!